Beets keep your blood pressure in check, improve athletic performance, help to lose weight, fight inflammation as well as a number of other reasons to consider adding them to your diet. This Beet Salad is home grown and packed full of flavor.
This salad is tender and crisp and encompasses colors to boot. It is a crowd pleaser that is easy to whip up for entertaining and will leave your guests requesting the recipe.
There is nothing hard about it other than taking the time to assemble. The dressing ties everything together and is an instant favorite that keeps you guessing when discovering the ingredients.
Be sure to follow the directions below for a simple, rustic and hearty meal that will reset you and your family as well as keep you full during those cold winter months.
- Beets – Organic or from the garden preferably
- Greens – We love a good mix of greens, Spinach and Kale is great with a hint of peppery Arugula
- Feta – We love Vio Lifes Vegan Feta!
- Organic Pumpkin Seeds
Start with a mason jar with a lid to be able to shake it up!
- Olive Oil – ¼ Cup (EVOO)
- Balsamic – 2-3 Tablespoons
- Bit of Dijon Mustard (1 TABLESPOON)
- Bit of Maple Syrup (1 TABLESPOON)
- Bit of Tamari (1 – 2 Teaspoons)
- Salt and Pepper
Shake enthusiastically and before tasting make sure it hits all the high notes!
You might not be a big Beet Fan but this recipe is bound to change your mind! Ultimately, the healing components of beets are what fuels this recipe as well as us, especially moving into the winter season when we need peak performance.